Inflatable paddle boards are popular as they are portable and more practical than a traditional board. When inflating, ensure that it is within the recommended PSI. Before deflating and folding, wash your board with fresh water first and let it dry thoroughly. You may keep it inflated or deflated as long as it’s clean and dry. Store it in a cool, dry place away from extreme temperature and hard materials.
Do You Inflate Paddle Boards?
Not all paddle boards are inflatable. Epoxy and foam stand-up paddle boards are the most common and are solid. Inflatable paddle boards need a pump to inflate before you can use them in water.
The term inflatable might make you think of pool floats, but it’s more sturdy than you expect. Inflatable paddle boards use military-grade materials and are not easily damaged. Although it’s highly durable, it does not mean that you mustn’t take care of your paddle board any less.
How Do You Inflate an Inflatable Paddle Board?
To inflate your paddle board, you will need a pump with a PSI gauge to see how much air is already inside. There are two available options in the market, and you can choose depending on your preference.
- Hand Pump: With a plastic pump, you manually add air pressure to your paddle board as you pump up and down.
- Electric Pump: No manual pumping is needed, but it requires an electric source to power up.
Most inflatable paddle boards in the market come with a hand pump. Some paddle board riders use their car’s battery as a power source to use an electric pump. As a beginner, you will usually start with a hand pump and gradually evolve into an electric pump because of its convenience.
How Do You Inflate a Glove Paddle Board?
The Glove Paddle Board is readily available in Costco and has a quickstart manual for inflation and storage. Here are steps to set up your board:
- Open the box and unroll the paddle board. Pay attention to where the valve is facing.
- Unscrew the cap from the valve, which you will see on the tail of the board.
- Twist the valve stem to an inflation position, where the air can only go one way (in). The valve should stick a little higher.
- Take the hand pump out and the hose. Attach the hose to the handle marked “Out” for inflation, the other end attached to the valve.
- Switch the pump from “Single Action” to “Dual Action” to pump two ways and start pumping.
- When you feel resistance, switch the button from “Dual Action” to “Single Action” and continue adding pressure to the board until firm.
- Assemble the paddle and adjust it to your desired length.
- Attach the fins to the board and ensure they are straight.
- Wear a leash and attach it to the connection ring next to the valve.
Ensure that the valve is clean of sand and dirt before connecting it to the hand pump or the valve. Not doing so may cause sand and dirt to stick or clog, causing the board to lose air.
How Do You Inflate a Hydro Force Paddle Board?
A Hydro Force Paddle Board has Tritech material that makes the board strong and resistant to extreme conditions. Here are steps to inflate this type of board:
- Remove the board from the backpack and unroll it on a smooth surface.
- Assemble your hand pump by attaching the pressure gauge to the hose and the pump.
- Attach the other end of the hose to the inflation valve on the tail of the board.
- Place the pump on hard, level ground, and start pumping.
- Once you meet the recommended PSI, turn your board over and slide the fin in the slot towards the end. Take the pin, slide it to the fin through the other side.
- Clip the leash to the ring and wear it on your ankle.
- To use the oar, loosen by turning the middle grip counter-clockwise and slide towards the desired length. Turn clockwise to tighten.
The board comes with an oar, a hand pump with a pressure gauge, a repair kit, and a travel bag. Always wear your leash as it is a requirement of the U.S. Coast Guard.
How Do You Inflate an Isle Paddle Board?
An Isle Paddle board gives you more time in the water as you can set it up in less than 10 minutes. Here are steps to inflate your Isle Paddle board:
- Unpack the contents from your backpack and unroll your deflated paddle board on a smooth surface.
- Take the cap off, and twist the valve pin into an upright position.
- Insert the hose into the valve and turn clockwise to connect.
- The pump has a built-in gauge, so you will only need to attach the hose to the pump directly.
- Start pumping until you reach the recommended PSI.
- Once fully inflated, secure the cap on the valve, and turn your board over.
- Place Super Bolt and screw it into the fix box, thread end upward.
- Fit fin into the box, align the hole with Super Bolt, and secure fin in place.
- Loop the tie through the ring to attach the leash, then loop the velcro strap through the leash tie.
- To adjust the oar, place the handle piece into the middle shaft, the middle shaft into the blade piece. Close the clamp to secure.
They have a website where you can buy extra accessories you may need for your board. You can also buy a replacement pack in case you lose a few screws and bolts.
How Do You Inflate a Bote Paddle Board?
Bote uses aero technology that allows them to distribute air pressure evenly across the top and bottom surfaces of the board to make it more rigid. Here are steps to inflate a Bote Paddle board:
- Take items out of the bag, and roll out your paddle board on a clean surface.
- Remove the safety cap and check that the valve’s yellow pin is in the most upright position. Attach the pump hose end to the valve and twist to the right to secure.
- With the hose and gauge already attached to the pump, begin to move the handle up and down. If you feel resistance, undo the cap found on the middle of the pump to make it easier.
- Once you’ve reached the recommended PSI, detach the hose and secure it with a safety cap.
- Turn the board over and attach the fin.
Bote has a high-quality nylon waterproof travel bag that is convenient to bring wherever you go. Note that they don’t have a leash, so you may want to buy one and attach that to the ring for safety.
How Do You Inflate a Jimmy Styks Paddle Board?
Unfortunately, Jimmy Styks Paddle board has gone out of business, and their paddle boards are no longer for sale. In case you have a secondhand one and want to know how to set it up, follow the steps below:
- Set up the pump by attaching the pressure gauge and hose. Twist clockwise to fasten.
- Open valve cover located on the tail end of the board, ensure valve pin is in the “up” position, then connect the hose to the valve.
- With the board unrolled, move the handle up and down until you reach the desired PSI.
- Install the fin by removing the screw from the fin clamp, inserting the fin front first, then back, then reset the screw and tighten.
- Loop the leash on the ring and attach the velcro board cuff.
- Assemble your paddle according to your desired length and secure it with the adjustable clamp.
Jimmy Styks Paddle Board features a high-quality Dynasoft traction pad made of soft EVA foam, making it comfortable to stand on and has an excellent grip. They also have a handle mid-board that makes carrying the board easier.
How Do You Inflate a Tower Paddle Board?
The Tower Paddle Board features a high-pressure inflation valve. Before inflating, make sure that the valve stem is closed. Here are steps to follow:
- Connect the PSI gauge to the hand pump. The PSI gauge must be facing up.
- Connect the hose to the hand pump tight enough to make sure air won’t come out.
- Roll out your inflatable board on a flat and smooth surface, with the valve facing up.
- Connect the hose to the valve on the paddle board and twist in a clockwise motion. The valve must be in an up position to inflate.
- You’re ready to pump. Use proper motion to get the most out of every pump.
- Once you reach the desired PSI, unscrew the hose and close the valve cap.
- Install the fin by hooking the inner fin first, then the back. Plug the pin into the hole through the other side.
- Adjust paddle board until the end handle is underneath your palm. Lock it in place.
In case your hand pump malfunctions, add a lubricant like oil and Vaseline. Unscrew the top of the pump, and add oil to the cylindrical piece inside. Screw it back and rotate the handle for an even coat, and your hand pump should be good to go.
How Do You Inflate a Retrospec Paddle Board?
The Retrospec Paddle Board includes everything you need to get you afloat: a lightweight paddle, carry bag, high-pressure pump, fins, leash, and a waterproof phone case. Here are the steps to inflate this type of board:
- Screw the hose and the plug to the pump. Unscrew the cap and attach the other end of the hose.
- Move the handle up and down until you feel the board is nice and firm. Remove the hose and cover the valve.
- Flip your board over and slide the fin to the fin box, putting the pin through the hole to the other side.
- Attach the leash to the ring near the valve cap.
- Adjust the paddle according to your preference and secure it tightly.
The top of the board has a textured, comfortable EVA deck for secured paddling. Like most boards, they are also dog-friendly.
How Do You Inflate an Irocker Paddle Board?
The Irocker Paddle Board uses Triple Layer Composite PVC that makes its boards lighter while remaining strong. Follow the steps below to inflate this board:
- Fasten air hose to pump, the other end fastened to the valve. Make sure the valve is in the “up” position.
- Set your pump to 1 and begin pumping. When the board has inflated midway, switch to setting 2. For final inflation, use setting 3 to meet desired PSI.
- Disconnect the hose from the valve, and cover the valve with the cap.
- Inset fin to the fin box and slide until sealed completely. Flip the level lockdown into the locking position.
- Connect two paddle shafts and adjust as needed.
The board comes with a repair kit for small leaks and tears. Keep it out of the sun for long-lasting use, and always dry it first completely before deflating.
How Do You Pump Up an Inflatable Paddle Board?
Unroll your paddle board with the valve facing up, and twist the cap off to see the valve stem. Push down on the spring and turn it counter-clockwise to allow air to go in. Connect the hose to the pump, the other end attached to the valve. With your hand on the handle, move the handle up and down until it reaches the necessary PSI.
Make sure your paddle board is firm enough to carry your weight. A helpful tip to understand how the valve works is: when the spring is in up position, it allows the air to go in but not out. When the spring is in a down position, it enables air to go in and out.
How Do You Pump Up a Red Paddle Board?
Similar to the above, position the pump on standing with the PSI gauge pointing upwards. Connect the hose to the pump securely. Twist the cap off from your board, and you will see that there is an instruction on how high the stem should be to inflate or deflate.
To connect the hose, push down on the stem and twist it accordingly. Start pumping up and down to inflate your paddle board until it meets the recommended PSI.
How Do You Use a Paddle Board Pump?
Most inflatable paddle boards come with a hand pump. Start by preparing your board and installing the gauge and hose to the hand pump. You will need to connect the other end of the nozzle to the valve. Ensure that you twist the valve correctly as you don’t want any air out!
Now get ready for a workout. You’ll notice in the beginning that it’s easy to pump. It will get more difficult as you get near the recommended PSI.
Are Paddle Board Pumps Universal?
Not all paddle board pumps are the same. They vary in size and advantages. Some pumps only inflate one way, solely when you push down. Alternatively, some fill up as you pull up and push down. Some pumps are better for higher pressures.
If you’re ready to upgrade, there are now also electric pumps that are getting famous in the market. They efficiently save time and energy. Some electric pumps offer multiple power sources, so you’re not limited to just using your car battery.
Can You Inflate a Paddle Board With an Electric Pump?
The answer is yes! An electric pump is getting more popular because it’s easier to use. Similar to a hand pump, connect the gauge, hose, and pump together. Attach the other end of the hose to the valve, and set it to the recommended PSI.
Once it reaches the desired PSI, it will turn off automatically. If you’re using your car battery as a power source, keep it turned on while your paddle board is inflating. Once done, turn it off immediately to avoid draining your battery.
How Much Should I Inflate My Paddle Board?
You will need to inflate your paddle board according to the recommended PSI. PSI means pounds per square inch, and it shows you how much air you need to add to your paddle board. A well-inflated paddle board is safe to use in water and can hold added pressure from your feet.
There is a recommended PSI limit for paddle boards to avoid creasing from the lack of air or overinflating your board. You can find the details below.
How Much Psi Do You Need for a Paddle Board?
The most popular recommended PSI for paddle boards is between 10-15. You want to make sure that it feels full and firm enough to carry your weight and not too rigid, affecting your performance. If you’re a heavier rider, a stand-up paddle board racer, or just looking to carry more weight, inflation between 18-25 PSI should be okay.
Each paddle board manufacturer has its suggested PSI. Paddle boards vary in size and volume and are therefore different. Check your brand, the size of your board, and see what your manufacturer recommends.
Can You Over Inflate a Paddle Board?
An inflated paddle board can pop if overly inflated and exposed to the sun for too long. Manufacturers also advise that going over 4-5 times the PSI limit can increase the risk of popping your board. They also warn that using air compressors will void your warranty.
Overinflating is something you shouldn’t worry about as long as you follow the recommended PSI. An electric pump features an automatic turn-off function, and as for a manual hand pump, well, just getting to a recommended PSI is already a workout!
How Long Does It Take to Pump Up an Inflatable Paddle Board?
Depending on the kind of pump that you are using, inflating your paddle board can take a while. For instance, if you are using a hand pump, it can take more than 10-15 minutes. Longer depending on how fast you are pumping. For an electric pump, inflating a paddle board takes less than 10 minutes.
Worry not about bursting your paddle board because they are tough and rigid. The important thing is that you meet the recommended PSI to avoid damaging your board and risking any accidents.
Is It Hard to Inflate a Paddle Board?
If you are a beginner using a hand pump for the first time, yes, it’s hard! You will find that you are using so much energy already by just inflating your board. It can be a strenuous activity, but consider it as your warm-up before going to the water. Of course, you’re welcome to take breaks.
An electric pump is popular because you can use all your energy in paddle boarding directly. Take a quick snack or get a good stretch while your electric pump does all the work. Do it however you like, but as long as your paddle board is well-inflated, you’re ready to hit the water!
Can I Leave My Paddle Board Inflated?
The answer is yes. If you are planning to use your paddle board again soon, then it’s best to leave it inflated to avoid the process of manual inflation again. You can leave it safely stored on a rack or let it lean on the wall. Either way is alright as long as your board is clean and dry.
Deflate your board for at least 5 PSI before storing as it can help prevent the board from developing creases and deformations. Store it in a cool, dry place, with no sharp or heavy objects around. Remove the fins to avoid the risk of damage.
How Long Can You Leave an Inflatable Paddle Board Inflated?
You can leave your inflatable paddle board for a long time, as long you store it in an area without extreme temperature changes. The contraction and expansion of the air inside can cause excess wear to your paddle board.
You may also deflate your paddle board occasionally. As the board is under constant pressure and stress, exhausting the air out and giving it time to rest will increase the life of your board.
Do Inflatable Paddle Boards Lose Air?
Your inflatable paddle board can lose air. It may be because of a puncture, loose valve, broken seam, or because it has been in storage for a long time. Consider storing your paddle board in a secure place with no sharp objects.
Your paddle board is durable, but you can help prolong their life further with proper storage. You can leave your paddle board inflated as long as you have enough room for it. If the ceiling is low enough or the space is too compact, it’s best to deflate your board instead.
Should I Deflate My Paddle Board After Use?
You don’t need to deflate your paddle board after each use, so long as you have enough space to store an inflated board. Deflating your paddle board will depend on your preference. Either way, you have to clean and dry it efficiently to avoid damage to the board.
After paddle boarding, you must wash your board with fresh water to remove any sand or dirt. Use a soft-bristle brush or a rag with mild soap to scrub down any thick texture on the board. Dry your paddle board thoroughly with a towel or leave it under shade before storing.
How Do You Deflate an Inflatable Paddle Board?
To deflate your paddle board, you will need to open the valve cap first. Push and twist the valve stem to an open position where it will allow air to go out. Here are a few techniques you can do:
- Let the board deflate on its own. It might take a couple of minutes.
- Roll the board from the nose to the tail to push air out faster.
- Connect an electric pump to your board and let it suck the air out.
Before deflating your paddle board, you will need to take out the dirt, sand, and mud by washing it with fresh water. Saltwater is corrosive and therefore not recommended. Withhold from using the valve wrench from your repair kit to open the valve, as it may cause severe injury!
How Do You Deflate a Red Paddle Board?
Follow the steps below to deflate your Red Paddle Board:
- Clean and thoroughly dry your board. Remove the fins and store them in your board bag.
- Open the valve cap, press, and twist the valve stem to a position where it will let the air out.
How Do You Deflate a Hydro Force Paddle Board?
Here are the steps to deflate your Hydro Force Paddle Board:
- Place your board on a clean surface. Make sure that your board is free of dirt and is dry.
- Open the valve and push the pin counter-clockwise to let the air out.
How Do You Deflate an Xterra Paddle Board?
Follow the steps below to deflate your Xterra Paddle Board:
- Rinse your board with mild soap and fresh water. Remove the center fin and store it in the front pocket of your board bag.
- Completely dry your board. Open the valve cap and gently push the valve stem down to let the highest air pressure out. Let it out for at least 10 seconds.
- Press down on the valve stem again and turn it clockwise to allow the air to escape.
How Do You Deflate a Serene Life Paddle Board?
Here are the steps to deflate your Serene Life Paddle Board:
- Clean your board and let it dry. Then place the board on a smooth surface.
- Open the valve cap located on the tail of the board, press down, and twist the valve to let the air out.
Do Paddle Boards Fold Up?
Yes, they do! Experts recommend folding your inflatable paddle board than rolling it up. Rolling can weaken the board’s seams which may lead to holes, especially when rolled tightly. Only fold when your board is clean, dry, and well deflated to prevent molds and water spots.
Folding is an ideal method of storing your board as it secures the fin and your traction pad inside. A crucial piece of advice is not to let your folded board stand without putting it in the backpack. The folded edges can be at risk of abrasion from rough edges.
How Do You Fold a Paddle Board?
To fold a paddle board, you must first let all the air out completely. A two-way pump can be helpful as it has a switch that allows you to pull the air out. An electric pump can also do this automatically. Once your paddle board has fully deflated, it’s time to fold.
The fold should approximately be around 10-12 inches or the length of your board’s primary fin box. When folding, refrain from putting too much pressure as it may damage the fins. Fold it to the extent that it will fit into your board bag.
How Do You Fold an Inflatable Paddle Board?
Follow the steps below to fold your inflatable paddle board:
- Ensuring that your paddle board is well deflated, place your gear: pump, paddles on top of the nose. Detach the removable fins, and get your board straps ready.
- Begin folding from the nose to the tail. There is no need to fold too tightly as it may strain the fin box.
- Secure with the board strap and tighten accordingly. Lay it flat into the board bag, then stand the bag up to finish.
How Do You Fold a Hydro Force Paddle Board?
Follow the steps below to fold your Hydro Force Paddle Board:
- Once all the air pressure has escaped, fold the nose of the board in first.
- Continue folding towards the tail. Be careful not to fold the fin plates as you want them to remain flat.
- You can store it as is or put it in a board bag with the pump and oars.
How Do You Fold a Red Paddle Board?
Follow the steps below to fold your red paddle board:
- Once well deflated, take your pump and place it on top of the nose of the board.
- Begin to fold from the nose towards the tail. Secure with board straps.
- Store it in your board bag. The paddles will go at the back of the board bag.
How Do You Roll Up a Body Glove Paddle Board?
Follow the steps below to roll up your Body Glove Paddle Board:
- Roll your board from the nose to the tail, with the traction pad inside.
- Store your deflated board in the storage backpack with the paddle and accessories.
How Do I Store My Inflatable Paddle Board?
Your inflatable paddle board can be stored either inflated or deflated. A crucial storage tip is to stow away your board in a secure, clean, and dry place that will protect it from changing temperatures, insects, and rodents.
When storing, check the valve and leave it open. Refrain from putting anything on top of your board, either inflated or deflated. Let it settle in an area with enough space to lower the risk of damage.
Where Should Inflatable Paddle Boards Be Stored?
Store your paddle board in an insulated area. That can be your garage, shed, or anywhere in your house. Never leave your board in a place that can get too hot or too cold, only at room temperature. Use your board bag or a board rack for extra protection.
Whether your board is inflated or deflated, a clean and dry board will keep it from forming molds and mildew. Too much moisture can ruin your board despite its durability.
Can Paddle Boards Be Stored Outside?
It’s perfectly alright to stow your paddle board outside when there’s not enough room inside the house. A precaution is to protect it from too much heat and moisture. Look for a shaded area that will protect your board from UV rays and heat, rain, and snow.
It is also necessary to keep your board off the ground. If you plan to store it outside, there is an option to use a freestanding rack. It will keep your board from abrasive surfaces and dirt that may affect the shell of your board.
Can You Store Inflatable Paddle Boards Outside?
Like a traditional paddle board, you can also store your inflatable paddle board outside. Similarly, safeguard it from the different weather conditions by stowing it in a shaded area, off the ground, and away from sharp objects.
If you have a board bag, it will be safer and more secure to store your board there. It will keep off direct contact with rain and heat.
Can Paddle Boards Be Stored Outside in the Winter?
Paddle board buffs don’t recommend leaving your paddle board outside, as there is a risk of water freezing on it during the winter. Store your paddle board inside the house or in a garage for safety. You can mount it on the wall with a rack of your choice.
You want to make sure that your paddle board is safe enough not to get buried in snow or be exposed to water for a long time. When choosing a rack, place it high enough, either vertically against a wall or suspending it from the ceiling.
How Do You Store an Inflatable Paddle Board in the Winter?
The freezing temperature can affect the durability of the board’s PVC and plastic. Experienced users recommend that you deflate your inflatable paddle board for a season, store it in your board bag, and at room temperature.
There is no need to worry about creases forming in your paddle board when stored for a long time, as it will go away when you inflate it again. If you decide to put it in an unheated area, that is fine, but bring it up to room temperature first before unfolding.
How Do You Store a Paddle Board in a Garage?
The most recommended way to store your paddle board in the garage is with a board rack. There are many types in the market depending on your liking. The most popular are freestanding rack, wall rack, or suspended on the ceiling. Keeping it off the ground is indispensable.
Storing your board in a garage is much safer than outside as you take out the risk of weather damage and someone stealing or vandalizing your board. With proper storage, you keep the durability and performance of your board top-notch and its lifespan longer.
Your inflatable paddle board is an investment and deserves to be taken care of to maximize its use. When you take great care of your board, you increase its longevity and prolong its lifespan.